This position performs technically demanding financial aid and scholarship processing as well as student service duties, responds to complex problems and inquiries and may administer specific financial aid or scholarship programs.
60% Processes financial aid applications including verification, determination of need, review disbursement of financial aid and scholarships, and awarding of funds as well as editing of previous awards. Reviews student files verifies application for accuracy and completeness; requests additional information in compliance with federal and state laws; processes various reports on a regular basis.
20% Counsels students and parents with financial aid and scholarship inquires, evaluates and takes action on various financial aid and scholarship student appeals; speaks with groups regarding financial aid availability and procedures.
10% Assists in interpreting regulations for financial aid and scholarship programs and responds to inquiries.
10% Performs PeopleSoft testing, researching, troubleshooting, error identification, evaluation and coordination with District Information Technology Department to ensure Student Information System is properly processing financial aid and scholarships.
1. High school diploma or equivalent.
2. Experience performing complex, detailed processing in a Financial Aid Office that administers Title IV Aid and scholarships
3. Experience researching, interpreting, applying, and communicating federal regulations to students, customers, co-workers, other departments, and etc.
4. Experience providing student service in person, on-line, via phone and in group.
5. Experience utilizing and problem-solving with an integrated, automated financial aid system such as PeopleSoft.
1. College degree or coursework.
2. Experience performing and writing procedures for complex Financial Aid transactions requiring a high level of technical knowledge and expertise in an automated system.
3. Experience directing and training others on Financial Aid.
4. Experience with independent student information system issue identification, evaluation, and resolution in an integrated, automated financial aid system such as PeopleSoft.
Some positions are early shift and some late shift. Work hours must be during Financial aid open office hours.
*Must be FWS eligible
Positions are open until filled
Please include with your cover letter a Letter of Interest detailing a summary of qualifications and a philosophy statement explaining how you in this role will support Estrella Mountain's Learning College initiative and student success. For more information about the Learning College Principles, please visit our Learning College site.