Estrella Mountain Community College is hiring several Math Student Learning Facilitator I positions to work under the Learning College Philosophy where learning happens anyway, anytime, anyplace. This position provides in-person tutoring for math courses in the Academic Success Center.
- 90% Provides in-person tutoring to students in the Math Success area of the Academic Success Center; works with a diverse population of students, faculty and staff.
- 10% Provides student status and recommendations to the supervisor; assist with workshops, class presentations and other student success activities; other duties as assigned.
- Successful completion (grade of "A" OR grade of “B” with instructor recommendation) in MAT121 or MAT 151.
- Knowledge of course content and materials in the subject area of Mathematics.
- Knowledge of instructional methods used at Estrella Mountain Community College.
- Good communication skills and the ability to help students understand complex material.
- Patient and respectful of varying levels of student content knowledge.
- Successful completion (grade of "A" OR grade of “B” with instructor recommendation) in math courses higher than MAT121, or MAT121 and MAT151.
- Experience providing quality service in a fast-paced environment.