Job ID 20200359
If you are interested, you can apply at https://www.aps.com/en/About/Careers/Working-at-APS and attach copies of your resume, transcripts, DD214, or any other required information to your application when you submit it online. Please read the job description and application carefully to make sure you submit all the required information at the time of application.
The Maintenance Apprentice progressively learns to become a highly-skilled worker. The apprentice is trained under a schedule of on-the-job training and related instruction, with periodic ratings of progress.
If you have any questions regarding this position, please email [email protected]
Free resume/cover letter/mock interview assistance is available by appointment only at the EMCC Career & Transfer Center. To schedule your appointment please visit or call 623-935-8740 or email [email protected].
1) Completes all Related Instruction scheduled during the apprenticeship. Achieves a passing score for all courses and exams required by the program.
2) Completes the number of on-the-job training tasks required. Performs and assists in the performance of work as assigned.
3) Demonstrates safety as a personal value.
4) Assists in the development and support of the team's vision, mission, CSI's, and strategic plan.
5) Prepares all documentation in accordance with policies and procedures. Controls all documentation as to content, confidentiality, and accuracy.
6) Performs other related duties to enhance skill development.
See Minimum Requirements
1) Must have a high school diploma/GED
2) Must be at least 18 years of age
3) Must be able to satisfy applicable Nuclear Regulatory Commission (NRC), security, physical and psychological requirements to work within the protected area.
4) Must have completed the core course requirements outlined in Appendix A - Maintenance Apprenticeship Prerequisites (of 30DP9MP26)
possess a two- or four-year degree from a regionally accredited institution (regionally accredited institutions of higher education are those fully accredited by New England Association of Schools and Colleges, Middle States Association of Colleges and Schools, North Central Association of Colleges and Schools, Northwest Association of Schools and Colleges, Southern Association of Colleges and Schools, and/or Western Association of Schools and Colleges)
four (4) years maintenance craft experience in the military (Please attach your DD214 to your resume).
Course Number Course Title Credit Hours
CIS105 Survey of Computer Information Systems 3
COM110 Interpersonal Communication 3
ENG101 First-Year Composition 3
ENG102 First-Year Composition 3
MAT121 Intermediate Algebra 4
PHS110 Physical Science 4
PPT120 Energy Industry Fundamentals 3
College transcripts will be used as a basis for crediting related instruction hours. Equivalencies are determined by the Maricopa Community College District. Official or unofficial transcripts must be attached to your online application at the time of submittal to be considered. Please attach your transcripts to your resume.
Nuclear requirement: Any PVGS employee may be called upon to serve as a member of the Emergency Response Organization (ERO) and will be expected to fulfill their obligation as an ERO member. Any PVGS employee may be called upon to support a refueling or short-notice outage. This includes line roles and responsibilities as necessary to execute outage activities. This is a condition of employment at PVGS.
To be considered you must attach a copy of your official or unofficial transcript with your resume and DD214 (if applicable)