You will have the opportunity to assist West Valley Arts (WVA) with its online platform for its artists,
educational, and senior programs. You will have the opportunity to be creative when helping to design and
implement social media events and postings, as well as work with our IT Consultant to implement web
design and website maintenance. Your input is always appreciated as we seek to work together and bring
creative ideas to our clients, and to improve our software, hardware, and IT systems.
Work Hours: M,T,W,Th,F, anytime between 9-5 pm (5-10 hours per week).
Working conditions will be on-site and remote (depending on needs).
- Gain hands-on experience in an IT/Social Media position
- Shadowing and training experiences with knowledgeable professionals
- Opportunity to attend networking events and company meetings
- Flexible schedule for students
- Compensation available
This internship is eligible for the $1000 Verizon Grant IT Scholarship.
- Assists with managing the WVA’s social media accounts and posts content.
- Assists with Brainstorming campaign ideas.
- Assists with Monitoring various social media platforms such as Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter.
- Understands the overall mission of WVA, including the brand, customer, product goals, and all other aspects of service.
- Provide suggestions to management for improving customer experience on social platforms and internal processes.
- Learns and becomes proficient in internal software systems.
- Assists in creating performance reports.
- Support the IT team in maintaining hardware, software, and other systems
- Assist with troubleshooting issues and provide technical support
- Organize and maintain IT resources
- Social media marketing
- Online engagement
- Customer focus
- Computer Science, Information Technology, or Management Information Systems major
- Minimum GPA of 3.0
- Strong verbal and written communication
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
- Ability to work well in teams
- Strong work ethic and attention to detail
- In 3rd or 4th year of college graduate program or beyond is preferred
- Prior industry experience is preferred
- Current EMCC Student