Estrella Mountain Community College is hiring several Math Student Learning Facilitator I positions to work under the Learning College Philosophy where learning happens anyway, anytime, anyplace. This position provides online remote tutoring for Algebra and closely related math courses in the Academic Success Center.
• 90% Provides remote tutoring to students in the Math Success area of the Academic Success Center; works with a diverse population of students, faculty and staff
• 10% Provides student status and recommendations to the supervisor; assist with workshops, class presentations and other student success activities; other duties as assigned
1. Successful completion (grade of "A" OR grade of “B” with instructor recommendation) in MAT121 or MAT151 or higher.
2. Readily available access to high-speed internet and technological tools used to perform online tutoring which may include, but not limited to, a computer, webcam, microphone, headset, whiteboard and dry-erase markers.
3. Knowledge of instructional methods used at Estrella Mountain Community College
4. Knowledge of course content and materials in the subject area of Mathematics
5. Good communication skills and the ability to help students understand complex material
6. Patient and respectful of varying levels of student content knowledge
1. Successful completion (grade of "A" OR grade of “B” with instructor recommendation) in MAT182 or MAT187.
Incumbents may work in a remote and/or in-person environment depending on the needs of the department.
- Please include a Letter of Interest detailing a summary of qualifications and a philosophy statement explaining how you in this role will support Estrella Mountain's Learning College initiative and student success. For more information about the Learning College Principles, please visit our Learning College site.
- Applications without transcripts will be classified as incomplete.
- Must be available to attend training.
- Must be dependable and available during peak times throughout the semester.
- Positions open until filled.
- Incumbents to begin in Fall 2021 semester.