Estrella Mountain Community College is hiring several Desk Assistants positions to work under the Learning College Philosophy where learning happens anyway, anytime, anyplace. These positions provide reliable clerical assistance and outstanding customer service in the Academic Success Center.
- 65% Greets and logs students in and out for Center usage; provides front-line customer service; provides clerical assistance; provides directory information to students, staff, and visitors
- 20% Maintain accuracy of student log-in records; performs data entry
- 15% Connects students with tutors; stocks center with materials; performs duties commensurate to grade level of position; other duties as assigned
- Readily available access to high-speed internet and technological tools which may include, but not limited to, a computer, webcam, microphone, headset, etc.
- Possess customer service orientation
- Possess effective verbal and written communication skills
- Familiar with basic computer knowledge, including MS Office OR successful completion (grade of “A” OR “B” with instructor recommendation) in CIS105
- Experience multi-tasking in a busy office setting
- Experience working in a team oriented environment
- Experience handling confidential information
- Eligibility for Federal Work Study.
Incumbents may work in a remote and/or in-person environment depending on the needs of the department.
- Please include a Letter of Interest detailing a summary of qualifications and a philosophy statement explaining how you in this role will support Estrella Mountain's Learning College initiative and student success. For more information about the Learning College Principles, please visit our Learning College site.
- Unofficial transcript required to show successful completion of CIS105.
- Must be available to attend training.
- Must be dependable and available during peak times throughout the semester.
- Positions open until filled.