Custodians work with teams to help keep the campus sanitary and in orderly condition. Works as the primary contact with the Custodial Supervisor and Custodian Seniors for areas of responsibility. In addition to keeping assigned areas clean and safe, a Custodian assists in keeping areas of responsibility properly stocked, assists in training of temporary workers and complete basic/daily tool inspections and maintenance.
30% - Routinely sweep, mop, vacuum floors/carpets and empties trash bins
15% - Routinely dusts, polishes, waxes furniture and cleaning walls, windows and vents
15% - Routinely cleans restrooms, locker rooms and equipment
10% - Maintaining classrooms/offices/common areas by performing duties such as moving furniture and equipment
10% - Must be able to safely use a ladder and work at heights to accomplish task such as changing light bulbs, reset clocks, high dusting or window cleaning
10% - Performs assigned tasks in response to work orders
10% - Keeps assigned tools and/or equipment in clean and safe working condition and performs other duties as assigned
High School Diploma or GED.
There is no substitution or equivalency allowable for the High School Diploma or GED.
- One year of experience in cleaning of a school, college or equivalent (government, business office, etc.)
- One year of experience working in a team environment
- One year of experience in assisting with training new employees
- Experience in equipment (industrial or custodial) troubleshooting, inspection or minor repair
- One year of experience stripping and waxing floors
- One year of experience running floor care equipment
- One year of experience in a safe ladder use
- Possession of a valid State of Arizona Class D driver's license is required; must meet minimum standards regarding driving: http://www.maricopa.edu/legal/rmi/vehicle.htm#requirements
- Travel to campus during interview/selection process will be at candidate’s own expense
- Will be required to travel or be assigned to all MCCCD locations
- May require numerous evenings or weekends
- May require prolonged periods of viewing a computer screen
- May be required to lift or carry up to #25 lbs
Part time position may need flexible schedule to include weekends.