You will have the opportunity to gain valuable hands-on experience, knowledge, and skills in managing an art gallery. Under the direction of the Arts HQ Gallery Director, you will be assisting with coordinating exhibitions and managing gallery operations.
- Assist in managing in-person exhibitions and events at the Arts HQ
- Installation of artwork, including labels and signage and pathwork/painting of walls
- Arrange for drop-off and return of artwork
- Artist correspondence, call and email
- Exhibit receptions - setup and cleanup
- Organizing and conducting tours and workshops for select exhibits
- Assist with managing online exhibitions
- Artist correspondence
- Online platform setup and maintenance
- Assist with managing call for artists opportunities for the Arts HQ
- Assist with day-to-day Gallery operations (includes retail area, inventory, clerical, customer service, data entry)
- Assist with Roster Artist/Affiliate memberships (inquiries, payment, renewals, new member setup)
- May assist with creating/ designing marketing content to give to the marketing team
- Performing other duties as assigned
- Familiarity with or able to quickly learn different systems (ex: online exhibit platform, Square, CRMs, Google Suite)
- Have a flexible work schedule
- Ability to lift 50 lbs, climb ladders, bend, stoop, reach
- Adept in multitasking and ability to take initiative
- Hardworking and dedicated outlook
- Ability to take direction and absorb information quickly
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Have good customer service skills
- Ability to drive and assist with off-site installations, if applicable and when needed
- Must have a passion for the arts
Internship will be one semester long; preference is for intern to commit to two semesters, if possible.
- Must be available Mondays - Saturdays and outside operating hours for opening receptions and for artwork drop-off and pick-up (5-15 hours per week, depending on needs).
- Intern will be on site and remote.