Estrella Mountain Community College is hiring Financial Aid student employees to work under a learning college philosophy (http://www.estrellamountain.edu/learning-college). This position provides support and assistance to students while working in a highly regulated Financial Aid Office.
50%-Assists current and prospective students regarding Financial Aid availability and policies to include: complex Federal policies and guidelines; provides daily customer service to include; walk-in students, email, chat, incoming/outgoing calls, etc.
30%-Verifies completeness of documents submitted for Federal Aid
10%-Maintains paperwork files to ensure accuracy and organization
10%-Runs and processes reports, FA processing, assists with FA Outreach, other duties as assigned commensurate to level of position
- Applicants must be eligible for Federal Work Study
- Students must be enrolled and in at least six credits hours at EMCC during the Fall and/or Spring semesters
- Experience working in a team and with diverse populations
- Experience communicating effectively in person and in writing
- Experience interpreting and/or communicating regulations, policies, or established guidelines
- Experience working with Microsoft Office, PeopleSoft, or similar applications
- Experience working with, or applying, Student Financial Aid policies, practices and/or procedures
- Experience providing front-line customer service
- Demonstrated ability to produce documents with a high degree of accuracy
Applicants must be available to work opening shift OR closing shift.
This position will be open until filled. Applications will be reviewed as received.
The Maricopa County Community College District (MCCCD) is an EEO/AA institution and an equal opportunity employer of protected veterans, and individuals with disabilities. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, or national origin
Learning College Letter of Interest
Please include with your cover letter a Letter of Interest detailing a summary of qualifications and a philosophy statement explaining how you in this role will support Estrella Mountain's Learning College initiative and student success. For more information about the Learning College Principles, please visit our Learning College site.