Working under a learning college philosophy (http://www.estrellamountain.edu/learning-college) and placing learning first anyway, anyplace, anytime. The person in this position will provide a variety of support services in EMCC Science Laboratories. Student worker will assist with the everyday running and maintenance of biology labs. Other duties may be assigned as needed to support the vision of the college and science department.
60% - Prepares individual laboratory programs and determines lab set-ups; prepares materials and equipment required for laboratory classes; sets up, replenishes and breaks down materials and equipment for laboratory experiments; maintains clean lab area; assembles equipment and demonstrates use of apparatus; assists Instructional Services Coordinator as needed
15% - Analyzes requirements for supplies and equipment needed for laboratories; maintains current inventories, supplies and equipment; purchases materials and equipment if required; receives and checks in laboratory supplies and equipment, monitors orders and verifies condition
15% - Assists in the preparation and cleaning of laboratory equipment and laboratories; provides assistance and consultation for instructors regarding performance of laboratories; directs and monitors student worker/intern’s work flow; other duties as assigned commensurate to grade level of position
10% - Maintains, cleans and repairs equipment and checks for proper storage, effective operation and preventative maintenance; reports or conducts repair requirements; learns, tests, installs, and updates software/hardware needed for equipment related to the lab such as Vernier
- Student applicants must have successfully completed either BIO 100, BIO 160 OR BIO 181
- Students must be enrolled in at least 6 credits for Fall 2022
- Evidence of ability to take direction and having a willingness to learn (cover letter)
- Have taken college level biology and/or chemistry classes
- Students looking to graduate with an associates in science
- Experience organizing and prioritizing work
- Federal work study eligible but not required
- Exposure to chemicals, fumes, particulates and organisms that may present health hazards if not handled according to safety protocols are possible
- May have to lift up to 25 lbs.
Please place your MEID next to your name in the documents you are submitting.
Learning College Letter of Interest
It is recommended to include your cover letter or Letter of Interest detailing a summary of qualifications and a philosophy statement explaining how you in this role will support Estrella Mountain's Learning College initiative and student success. For more information about the Learning College Principles, please visit our Learning College site.