Working under a learning college philosophy https://www.estrellamountain.edu/learning-college and placing learning first anyway, anyplace, anytime.
This position reports to the Office of the Deans of Student Affairs and acts as EMCC Front Door Greeters who will be positioned just inside the front doors of the Komatke Building (Enrollment Services) and other student support areas during public service hours. Other duties may include, but are not limited to: supporting other departments throughout Student Services such as triage, assistance with self-help computers, and general office and programming support. Employees will abide by EMCC’s Core Values: Integrity, Diversity, Collaboration, Innovation, and Sustainability as well as maintain a confidential working environment.
60% Front Door Greeting
- Greet students/visitors and inform them about CDC guidelines to maintain the 3-foot separation between people.
- Inform students/visitors about the cleaning stations located throughout the building.
- Inform students/visitors about sanitizing procedures.
- Distribute a mask to students/visitors as they enter the building.
- Ask students/visitors questions to refer them to the appropriate department/service or online services.
- Partner and communicate with supervisors on any escalations.
- Answer questions from our students/visitors, assist with self-help computers, direct students to the appropriate service, etc.
- Contribute in maintaining the greeter table and all required supplies (for example: disinfectant, spray bottle, paper towels, masks, and gloves).
- Perform visitor tracking process to ensure all students/visitors are accounted for.
- Communicate student/visitor requirements for on campus service (ex. one person in building with student)
- Monitor building capacity and direct students to waiting areas when capacity is reached.
- Other duties as assigned.
30% Student Services Support
- Office /Support Assistance – file maintenance, follow up phone calls, scheduling, data entry, shredding, etc.
- General reception by providing quality customer services by telephone, email, and in person.
- Work as a floater within Student and Academic Affairs to help support programs and services within the division.
- Event Support
10% Other duties as assigned
Some evening and weekend (limited) hours may be required.
- Multiple positions are available and student workers are eligible to apply.
- The start date will be after July 1, 2021
- The individual is expected to represent the college and interact with different departments, students, employees, and guests in a polite, helpful,and professional manner.
- Ideal candidates are self-motivated, have excellent customer service, and communication skills.
- The individual is expected to maintain a confidential work environment.
Please include with your cover letter a Letter of Interest detailing a summary of qualifications and a philosophy statement explaining how you in this role will support Estrella Mountain's Learning College initiative and student success. For more information about the Learning College Principles, please visit our Learning College site.