Working under a learning college philosophy https://www.estrellamountain.edu/learning-college and placing learning first anyway, anyplace, anytime.
This position reports to the Office of the Deans of Student Affairs and acts as EMCC Welcome Desk Greeters who are responsible working at our Welcome Desk to greet students and community members and to provide access to our services during service hours to the public. Other duties may include, but are not limited to: supporting other departments throughout Student Services such as triage, assistance with self-help computers, general office, and programming support. Greeters work with students to help identify their needs to connect them to the services they require. Employees will abide by EMCC Core Values: Integrity, Diversity, Collaboration, Innovation, and Sustainability as well as maintain a confidential working environment.
60% Welcome Desk Greeting
- Triage students/visitors in order to assess needs and refer them to the appropriate department/service or online services.
- Partner and communicate with supervisors on any escalations.
- Answer questions from our students/visitors, assist with self-help computers, direct students to the appropriate service, etc.
- Contribute in maintaining the greeter table and all required supplies (for example: disinfectant, spray bottle, paper towels, masks, and gloves).
- Perform visitor tracking process to ensure all students/visitors are accounted for.
- Communicate student/visitor requirements for on campus service (ex. one person in building with student)
- Working with line maintenance programs such as Qless, AdvisorTrak, Cranium Cafe
- Other duties as assigned.
30% Student Services Support
- Office /Support Assistance – file maintenance, follow up phone calls, scheduling, data entry, shredding, etc.
- Assistance with calling campaigns.
- General reception by providing quality customer services by telephone, email, and in person.
- Work as a floater within Student and Academic Affairs to help support programs and services within the division.
- Event Support
10% Other duties as assigned
- Interest working with the public.
- Experience working in a customer service related position
Experience maintaining confidential materials
Some evening and weekend (limited) hours may be required.
- Multiple positions are available and student workers are eligible to apply.
- The start date will be ASAP
- The individual is expected to represent the college and interact with different departments, students, employees, and guests in a polite, helpful, and professional manner.
- Ideal candidates are self-motivated, have excellent customer service, and communication skills.
- The individual is expected to maintain a confidential work environment.
Please include with your cover letter a Letter of Interest detailing a summary of qualifications and a philosophy statement explaining how you in this role will support Estrella Mountain's Learning College initiative and student success. For more information about the Learning College Principles, please visit our Learning College site.