ABOUT THE ORGANIZATION
Read Better Be Better (RBBB) is a non-profit organization founded in 2014 to address Arizona's literacy crisis. Read Better Be Better inspires and equips middle school leaders to help third-grade students with reading comprehension. Third graders gain the literacy skills needed to achieve academic and life-long success and middle schoolers engage in service learning. RBBB's organizational values are simple: Be Excellent. Be Kind. These values define the organization, its programs, and its expectations.
Be Excellent. Be Kind.
Job Title: Communications & Marketing Intern
Reports To: Communications Coordinator
Work Hours: A weekly commitment of 8-15 hours is required. Interns will be expected to commit to a schedule within RBBB's typical office hours of 8:00 am 5:00 pm, Monday - Friday.
Work Environment: In-office (following COVID-19 guidelines), possible option to work remotely
Start Date: August or September 2021
Pay & Benefits: This internship is unpaid. Read Better Be Better is fully committed to providing eligible interns with all documentation necessary for them to receive course credit for their time with the organization, if they wish to do so.
Read Better Be Better has an exciting opportunity available for aspiring communications professionals! The RBBB Communications & Marketing Intern will work under the supervision of the Communications Coordinator to complete projects related to public relations, social media, digital content management, website development, graphic design, and more. In addition to assigned tasks, the Communications & Marketing Intern will be given the opportunity to take on tasks that are of personal interest, dependent upon the needs of the Communications Coordinator and the organization.
The ideal candidate is a creative problem-solver, willing and able to learn on the job, has strong organizational skills, as well as familiarity with the platforms outlined below.
Please contact Katie Herrick, Communications Coordinator, at [email protected] with any questions or concerns regarding the position. To apply, please send a resume and 3 sample RBBB Instagram posts and captions to Shailee Haven Gardiner, HR & Recruitment Coordinator, at [email protected]. Cover letter is optional.
Please contact Career Services for assistance with resumes or to schedule a mock interview. You can also submit your resume for online review. Call 623.935.8740 to schedule an appointment
Read Better Be Better is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, national origin, veteran status or any other basis covered by appropriate law.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Provide support with marketing campaigns
- Draft and design social media content
- Provide support writing and editing blog posts and press releases
- Provide support in completing PR campaigns and other media opportunities
- Provide general Fundraising team support
- Design and complete projects based on personal interest and organizational need
- Perform other general RBBB team duties as assigned
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job. If you need assistance with this application, please contact us at [email protected].
- Currently enrolled or continuing at EMCC
- Cumulative GPA of 2.5 or higher
- Must have completed at least one semester at Maricopa Community Colleges
- Interest in and passion for the Read Better Be Better vision and mission
- Interest in marketing and communications and/or the nonprofit sector
- A positive attitude
- Willingness to conduct themselves in accordance with organizational values
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Foundational knowledge of public relations, social media and digital content management, marketing and communications, web design (CSS or HTML understanding a plus)
- Familiarity with AP style
- Spanish proficiency or basic understanding
- Understanding of the following platforms and applications:
- Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook) and Slack
- Social Media Platforms: Facebook Business Suite, Instagram, TweetDeck, YouTube
- WordPress and/or Elementor Web Editor
- Canva, Adobe Suites