Estrella Mountain Community College is seeking a talented, creative motivated videography intern with editing experience that is looking to grow their portfolio for a PAID internship opportunity on the Marketing and Communications team!
Number of Hours per Week: 15
Duration of Internship: AY 2021 - 2022
Applicants must submit a cover letter, resume, and link to a digital portfolio with materials relevant to the primary responsibilities of this role. We must stress the importance of having a portfolio for the application. We're looking for students with some videography skills already. As such, we need portfolio to be able to see their work.
All Federal Work Study students MUST submit documentation of having received COVID-19 vaccinations or proof of an approved reasonable accommodation based on a medical/disability need or a sincerely held religious belief by January 7, 2022. This requirement is per the Federal COVID-19 Vaccine Mandate Administrative Regulations for MCCCD.
The ideal candidate will have a passion for multimedia projects, a sharp eye for detail, and strong fundamentals in production. The Videography Intern is responsible for providing support for the college’s recruitment and retention efforts through video storytelling.
This is a part-time paid internship opportunity. EMCC students are especially encouraged to apply but students from any of the 10 Maricopa Community Colleges are also invited. The ideal candidate will have a commitment to the continuous improvement of service quality and the organization’s mission.
The Videography Intern's primary duties include but are not limited to:
- Adhere to brand guidelines and complete videography projects according to deadlines.
- Retouch and manipulate existing videos.
- Use and learn new video editing and graphic design software and work with a wide variety of media.
- Strong desire to build skills necessary to turn creative and strategic direction into completed video projects.
- Must have a minimum 2.5 GPA
- Must be currently enrolled student
- Must be a person who loves video production, new technology, and social media
- Strong knowledge of video editing software - Adobe Premiere Pro and Rush experience is essential
- Proficiency with graphic design software such as Adobe Illustrator, Photoshop, or InDesign is essential for this role
- Familiarity with social media and streaming platforms such as YouTube, Spotify, Facebook, LinkedIn, Twitter, Instagram, etc.
- Collaborate with staff on new ideas, directions, and tools for telling the EMCC story
- Preferably working towards a college degree in a related field (e.g., Graphic Design, Photography, Video Production, English, Marketing/Communications, Advertising or Public Relations)
- Possess excellent written and oral communication and interpersonal skills
- Culturally sensitive and experience with positive interactions with diverse groups of people
- Understanding of the basic principles of communications and marketing
- Previous internship or related experience in communications or marketing a plus
- Knowledge of HTML and website content management a plus
- Ability to communicate professionally with clients, vendors, and other contacts
- Ability to work well independently, manage workflow and time in a fast-paced environment with minimal supervision, and collaboratively within a deeply connected and effective team
- Possess strong commitment to team environment dynamics with the ability to contribute expertise and follow leadership directives at appropriate times