Estrella Mountain Community College Computer Commons is hiring a Learning Facilitator 1 to work under the Learning College Philosophy where learning happens anyway, anytime, anyplace.
This position supports students with both on campus in the Computer Commons and online through (virtual) tutooring services in the areas of Microsoft Office applications, BPC, CIS and CSC courses. This position also assist with resetting Maricopa MEID passwords, Find/Reactivate MEID's and customer service support of daily operations in a computer lab setting.
40% - Provide one-on-one tutoring for Instructional Computing Courses in (BPC, CIS AND CSC) on campus in-person or virtually by appointment
30% - Assists sudents with software and hardware issues related to computers and laptops
15% - Assist with front desk support (answering phones, screening calls with transfering or online assistance) and statistical data record keeping for tutoring and services offered
10% - Maintains the assigned Computer Commons Laboratory with (printers, scanners, copy machines and restocking of computer lab equipment and supplies).
5% - Performs related duties to support the Student Service Specialist with make-up testing when needed this will commensurate to the level of the position.
- High school diploma
- Completion with an “B” or higher grade in Microsoft Office 2019 course (e.g. CIS105)
- Computer equipment with hardware and software knowledge
- Effective oral and written communication skills and understanding the characteristics of good customer service
- Access to high-speed internet and technological tools used to perform online tutoring and assist students in a virtual environment. This may include, but not limited to, a computer, webcam, microphone, and headset.
- Experience with administrative duties in an office and open-lab setting.
- Some knowledge of data inputing and confidentuality record keeping in an educaltional environment.
- Associates of Applied Science Degree or higher
- Completion with an “A” grade in one or more computer programing courses (e.g. Java, C++, C#, Visual Basic, SQL, Python)
- Experience handling confidential information (student records)
- Experience with front line customer service
- Experience multi-tasking in a busy high-level learning environment
- This position may require long hours of standing or sitting.
- This position may require prolonged computer usage.
- This position may require to lift 30 - 50 pounds of force occasionally, push, pull or otherwise move objects/machinery.
- This position requires high level knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite.
- The candidate needs to be patient and supportive to students and their learning. Tutors need to adjust their approach based on what the student needs and where they are struggleing.
- Flexible to attend training meetings.
- Must be dependable and available during peak times throughout the semester.
- This positions is open until filled.
- Unofficial transcripts are required when submitting an application.