As student workers, Fitness Wellness Ambassadors (FWA) provide the key connection between EMCC students and the EMCC Wellness Program. They also support employee wellness programs.
In this role, Fitness Wellness Ambassordors (FWA) perform recruitment and promotional activities, facilitate events and programs, give creative input about outreach and programming, as well as general clerical duties.
Working closely with the Wellness Fitness Supervisor:
- 30% - FWA recruit for and promote the Fitness Wellness Program primarily to EMCC students and secondarily to EMCC employees. FWA help plan, coordinate, and facilitate student forums, programs and events. They may represent the EMCC student body in various campus committees. FWA connect other EMCC students with fitness, wellness, and intramural program opportunities.
- 20% - FWA follow up with and support students who participate in fitness & wellness programs to encourage consistent engagement in healthy habits that improve well-being and academic success.
- 15% - FWA perform general office duties, data management, answering phones, routing calls appropriately, and monitoring/replying to emails.
- 15% - FWA create promotional materials, and documents to use at events.
- 10% - FWA collaborate with Student Life Student Ambassadors to serve participants in the Student Union and Student Life programs and events.
- 10% - FWA facilitate classroom presentations, student forums, and may conduct campus tours.
- Current EMCC Student
- Minimum 2.5 Cumulative Grade Point Average (GPA)
- Experience with community service, volunteering, or club involvement
- Effective written and oral communication skillls
- Eligible for Federal Work Study (FWS) Financial Aid
- Minimum of 12 college credit hours successfully completed
- Leadership experience
- Experience providing front line customer service
- Experience with Microsoft Office or similar software
- Experience working in a team oriented environment
- Experience using social media for an organization such as a student club or business
- Experience organizing and prioritizing work in a team environment
May require working some early morning, evening or weekend hours.
This position involves public speaking
May require occaisionally lifting up to 50 pounds
Fitness Wellness Ambassadors will receive training about self-care practices such as regular exercise, healthy nutrition, sleep wellness, and others that support general well-being, long term disease prevention, and academic success in college.
Working closely with the Wellness Fitness Supervisor, FWA will share what they have learned with EMCC students to encourage their engagement in healthy self-care.