Estrella Mountain Community College is hiring several Desk Assistants positions to work under the Learning College Philosophy where learning happens anyway, anytime, anyplace. These positions provide reliable clerical assistance and outstanding customer service in the STEM Center of Excellence.
- 50% Greets and logs students in and out for Center usage; provides front-line customer service; provides clerical assistance; provides directory information to students, staff, and visitors
- 20% Maintain accuracy of student log-in records; performs data entry
- 20% Facilitate classroom presentations, support workshops, on and off campus outreach and may be involved in conducting campus tours.
- 10% Stocks center with materials; performs duties commensurate to grade level of position; other duties as assigned
- Applicants must have all Financial Aid paperwork complete and on file with the EMCC Financial Aid office, be eligible for Federal Work Study and enrolled for Fall 2023/Spring 2024
- Possess effective verbal and written communication skills
- Possess great customer service and effective verbal and written communication skills
- Familiar with computer applications (MS Office, Google workspace)
- Experience multi-tasking in a busy office setting
- Experience working in a team oriented environment
- Experience handling confidential information
- Pursuing a STEM degree
May require working some evening or weekend hours.
This position involves public speaking
May require occasionally lifting up to 50 pounds
Please include your MEID in your resume.
Must be available to attend training.
Must be dependable and available during peak times throughout the semester.
Positions open until filled.