Application Due Date:
Sunday, June 3, 2018
Federal Work-Study Eligible Site:
Qualify for WIRCCS Scholarship:
USDA-ALARC (Arid-Land Agricultural Research Center) www.ars.usda.gov, based in Maricopa, will offer internships in various areas of their lab facility.
- In your cover letter please state which research area you would be interested in participating in and why. For more information on ALARC’s research go it: http://www.ars.usda.gov/Research/Research.htm?modecode=53-47-00-00
- Pest Management and Biological Control Research Unit
- Plant Physiology and Genetics Research Unit
- Water Management and Conservation Research
- Student must have already taken one semester of chemistry (preferred thru CHM152).
- Student must have taken or be enrolled in BIO 205.
- Instructor recommendation is required (list instructor name and phone number on your online application).
- Ability to prioritize work and meet deadlines.
- Meticulous attention to detail.
- Maintain professional image and attitude, acting consistently as a representative of the organization.
- Demonstrate regular, predictable, and timely attendance.
- Excellent verbal and communication skills.
- If you are transferring to a 4 year university this is still an opportunity you can take advantage of.