Representative Raúl M. Grijalva
Application Due Date:
Monday, November 13, 2017
Federal Work-Study Eligible Site:
Qualify for WIRCCS Scholarship:
Representative Raul M. Grijalva, grijalva.house.gov, is looking for energetic interns to work in his southwest valley office. The internship is a way for students to get involved in the community and learn firsthand how the federal government works. The congressman welcomes any major to pursue this internship. Internship benefits include: Close interaction with both the Congressman and staff, opportunity to attend community events. This is a UNPAID internship that would qualify for the WIRCCS Scholarship and may qualify for college credit. The company has asked that the intern work for approximately 16 hrs. per week and will be flexible with your EMCC schedule. Applicants must be continuing EMCC students and have a minimum of 2.5 G.P.A or a recommendation from your SWSC instructor. If you would like assistance in preparing the required materials; cover letter, application and resume or in preparing for an interview, please contact the Career Center at 623.935.8740.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assisting with constituent casework (intake)
- Assist district staff with special projects
- Respond to requests for information and writing constituent correspondence.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Report to the Internship Manager as requested.
- General Computer skills,
- Good communication skills- oral and written.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office
- Be courteous and respectful.