About Free Arts of Arizona
Free Arts for Abused Children of Arizona is a nonprofit organization that heals homeless and abused children through artistic expression. Volunteer Mentors utilize visual, performing and culinary arts to help spark the creative spirit of children living in group homes, residential treatment centers and shelters across Maricopa County. Since 1993, Free Arts has touched the lives of more than 60,000 young people, helping them build self-esteem, improve social skills, renew trust and learn to express emotions in a positive way through the healing effects of the creative arts.
Free Arts for Abused Children of Arizona (www.freeartsaz.org) is involved in both the arts community and the health and human service sector, interns will expand their knowledge and develop experience by collaborating with our program department and over 29 partner facilities. Through various department duties, committee teamwork, and special projects, interns will have fun and accomplish their learning objectives in a creative and energetic environment.
This is a UNPAID internship. Intern will work roughly 10 - 25 office hours per week; occasional evenings and weekends required. This opportunity is only available to Estrella Mountain Community College students. Applicants are REQUIRED to submit and online application, a resume, and a cover letter. Free resume/cover letter/mock interview assistance is available by appointment only at the EMCC Career & Transfer Center. To schedule your appointment please visit or call 623-935-8740 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Areas of work may include:
- Policies and procedures
- Budget tracking and reporting
- Human resource management
- Data management and office technology
- Provide administrative support, as needed
- Candidates must be 19 years of age or older.
- Organizational and interpersonal skills, writing ability, and computer skills are desired.
- High customer service skills and the ability to work with diverse groups of adults and children are important.
- If the student is selected they will have to pay for a background check and fingerprint clearance card.