This position works with the professional staff of the Boys & Girls Clubs of Metropolitan Phoenix (BGCMP), and focuses on a specific assignment or project that advances the organization’s mission “to enable all young people, especially those who need us most, to reach their full potential as projective, caring, responsible citizens.” The goal is to support BGCMP professional in meeting organizational goals and objectives through the completion of a specific, mutually agreed upon assignment or project, as stated in a Memo of Understanding (MOU).
- Professional experience
- Professional networking opportunities
- Presidential Service Award consideration for service learning experience
- Time Required: Min 10 hours/week or as agreed upon with supervisor
- Flexible schedule Monday – Friday during club hours of operation
Applicants must be continuing EMCC students and have a minimum of 2.5 G.P.A or a recommendation from your SWSC instructor. If you would like assistance in preparing the required materials; cover letter, application and resume or in preparing for an interview, please contact the Career Center at 623.935.8740.
- 18 years old or older
- Pass the BGCMP background investigation
- Successfully complete the volunteer placement process
- Demonstrated proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent customer service skills
- Knowledge of child development, recreation, learning theory, marketing, business development, or other formal learning as determined by assignment
- Meet additional skills requirements as determined by assignment
- Ability to take direction
- Ability to work as a team member
- Ability to work independently
Tasks and Responsibilities:
- Specific tasks and responsibilities are determined by the mutually agreed assignment or project, as stated in the Memo of Understanding (MOU).
- Complete all tasks and meet all responsibilities as stated in the MOU.