International Rescue Committee (IRC), based in Phoenix, is a leading, non-sectarian, non-profit organization providing emergency relief, protection, rehabilitation assistance, resettlement services, and advocacy for refugees and victims of oppression or violent conflict. Domestically, our 22 offices across the U.S. ensure new arrivals have food, shelter, and clothing, and work with refugees to help them gain self-sufficiency. This is a UNPAID internship. The company has asked that the intern work 10-25 hours per week for a minimum 4 month commitment.
The Volunteer Operations Intern will work with the Volunteer Outreach Coordinator to oversee the screening, placement and tracking of IRC in Phoenix volunteers. The Intern will further establish best practices to strengthen volunteer programs and capture volunteer contributions, while implementing strategies to support program expansion.
This opportunity is only available to Estrella Mountain Community College students. Applicants are REQUIRED to submit and online application, a resume, and a cover letter. Free resume/cover letter/mock interview assistance is available by appointment only at the EMCC Career & Transfer Center. To schedule your appointment please visit or call 623-935-8740 or email email@example.com.
- Monitor productivity and satisfaction of active agency volunteers;
- Respond to volunteer queries in a timely manner;
- Maintain development and outreach materials in line with branding guidelines;
- Assist in the screening and tracking of volunteer applicants;
- Monitor volunteer’s progress and ensure activities meet program goals;
- Track key data points which reveal program health and success;
- Generate reports to share with internal management and program partners;
- Participate in the planning and implementation of relevant outreach and events as time permits;
- Complete other duties as assigned.
- Must be organized, detail-oriented, and a self-starter;
- Must possess cultural sensitivity and excellent cross-cultural communication skills;
- Must be patient, flexible, and creative;
- Strong computer skills and proficiency in Microsoft Office;
- Preference given to experience with donor database administration and web development (Salesforce, PIDI and Drupal).
- Must be committed for a minimum of 3 months, with clear learning objectives.
- Availability during normal business hours—Monday-Friday, 9:00 am-5:00 pm.
- Some nights and weekend hours for outreach and special events.