International Rescue Committee (IRC), based in Phoenix, is a leading, non-sectarian, non-profit organization providing emergency relief, protection, rehabilitation assistance, resettlement services, and advocacy for refugees and victims of oppression or violent conflict. Domestically, our 22 offices across the U.S. ensure new arrivals have food, shelter, and clothing, and work with refugees to help them gain self-sufficiency. This is a UNPAID internship. The company has asked that the intern work 10-25 hours per week for a minimum 3 month commitment.
The Operations Intern will provide support to Interpreter Services, the Finance & Administration team and the Development team for the effective day to day running of the IRC in Phoenix office.
Applicants must be continuing EMCC students and have a minimum of 2.5 G.P.A or a recommendation from your SWSC instructor. If you would like assistance in preparing the required materials; cover letter, application and resume or in preparing for an interview, please contact the Career Center at 623.935.8740.
- Create coversheets and forms—light typing and word processing
- Collate and prepare documents
- Input data and generate reports and spreadsheets
- Review and reconcile forms and case files with financial accounting systems/records
- Provide occasional front desk assistance—answering phones, scheduling, greeting IRC clients and guests
- Other duties as assigned.
ittle or moderate experience, technical knowledge, or previous training is necessary. Special instruction may be necessary for some aspects of this position. Student must demonstrate the ability to learn new tasks and work independently with moderate or limited supervision.
- Must be organized, detail oriented and a self starter.
- Computer literate including knowledge/use of email and Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.)
- Ability to carry up to 35 lbs.
- Must have access to reliable transportation.
- Possess cultural-sensitivity, strong desire to help people, and enthusiasm to work in a multi-cultural/global setting.
- Commitment to confidentiality is a must.