Peer Educators for notMYkid share their personal stories to youth in the community. We speak on substance abuse, depression/self-injury, unhealthy relationships, eating disorders, and bullying. We offer an extensive training program for story development and public speaking. This is a UNPAID internship and the company has asked that the intern work for approx. 10 hrs. per week. Applicants must be continuing EMCC students and have a minimum of 2.5 G.P.A or a recommendation from your SWSC instructor. If you would like assistance in preparing the required materials; cover letter, application and resume or in preparing for an interview, please contact the Career Center at 623.935.8740.
- Speaking to youth
- Program research
- Sales: Working with the Sales Manager to distribute information about our programs to schools and researching potential leads.
- Development: Researching and helping write grants, contacting and meeting potential donors, and a possible volunteer coordinator position.
- Media: Working with the Communications Manager with social media, our Cinematographer while filming presentations, or Editor while putting videos together.
- Peer Educators must have 1 year of sobriety/healthy living.
- Have the ability to get to different sites in the valley and have a valid driver's license
- Out-going personalities with a passion for educating youth on topics presented by notMYkid