BACKGROUND: Founded in 1933, the International Rescue Committee is a leading, non-sectarian, non-profit organization providing emergency relief, protection, rehabilitation assistance, resettlement services, and advocacy for refugees and victims of oppression or violent conflict. Domestically, our 22 offices across the U.S. ensure new arrivals have food, shelter, and clothing, and work with refugees to help them gain self-sufficiency.
SCOPE OF WORK: The Development Team provides support to clients and staff through the coordination of in-kind donations, volunteer service, cash contributions, and other community support and advocacy. This support helps our clients toward self-sufficiency and community integration. Education is another important aspect of self-sufficiency. Education support coordinates with school districts and other learning agencies to provide newly-arrived refugees with educational services necessary for self-sufficiency in their new community. Some projects that have taken place include tutoring, parent workshops, access to recreations, student mentoring, summer activities, and post secondary support such as FAFSA applications, and college searches.
The Education Development Assistant will work with the Development & Education teams to undertake critical administrative and programmatic tasks to ensure proper data / document processing, and increase the capacity, support and tracking.
This opportunity is only available to Estrella Mountain Community College students. Applicants are REQUIRED to submit and online application, a resume, and a cover letter. Free resume/cover letter/mock interview assistance is available by appointment only at the EMCC Career & Transfer Center. To schedule your appointment please visit or call 623-935-8740 or email email@example.com.
Under the supervision of the Development Manager, and in conjunction with the Education Manager, the Education Development Assistant will be responsible for the following:
· Update inventory tracking workbook for all incoming and attractive item donations;
· Assist in recruiting and processing donations, including updating financial summary logs, copying and filing donation forms, etc.;
· Assist in tracking key data points using Salesforce and Match reporting;
· Assist in the screening and tracking of volunteer applicants ensuring all requirements are fulfilled and clearly documented in the volunteer file. This would include the tracking of volunteers & students attending tutoring at various locations;
· Create a tracking tool for office-wide outreach and update regularly;
· Assist in linking volunteers with tutoring/mentoring opportunities with school partners;
· Help coordinate enrichment and leadership opportunities for youth outside the agency;
· Assist education Caseworker to create youth group;
· Other duties as assigned.
· Must be organized, detail-oriented, and a self-starter;
· Must be patient, flexible, and creative;
· Strong computer skills and proficiency in Microsoft Office;
· Availability during normal business hours—Monday-Friday, 9:00 am-5:00 pm; some weekends.