Help Arizona Immigrant and Refugee Services (AIRS) resettle refugees from around the world who have come to start a new life for their families in Arizona. Interns will gain hands-on-experience assisting case managers, employment coordinator, and resource developer.
The agency was founded in 1989 to provide social, economic and educational services to the inner city residents of Phoenix. In 2001, AIRS began resettling refugees. The Kakuma Youth or Lost Boys were among the first arrivals to the agency. From 2001 to present, AIRS has resettled 1320 refugees and immigrants in Maricopa County.
Programs provide recently arrived refugees and legal immigrants with housing, food and clothing, and translation as needed, as well as English language instruction, job training, employment assistance, immigration and other referral services.
This is an unpaid internship but may be eligible for college credit. The company would like an intern to work 20 hours per week and their schedule is flexible. Applicants must be continuing EMCC students and have a minimum of 2.5 G.P.A or a recommendation from your SWSC instructor. If you would like assistance in preparing the required materials; cover letter, application and resume or in preparing for an interview, please contact the Career Center at 623.935.8740.
- Assist Case Managers with daily duties,
- Assist Employment Coordinator: seek new employers willing to hire refugees, help refugees get employment.
- Assist Resource Developer recruiting volunteers organizing fundraisers and misc. events, organize donations.
- BIG HEART!!!
- Willingness to help others
- Basic office skills important
- Organizational and interpersonal skills, writing ability, and computer skills are desired.
- High customer service skills and the ability to work with diverse groups