Ryan House Development Interns work on multiple projects focused on raising funds for the organization including special events, grant writing, research, database management, and gift acknowledgement. This organization is looking for the studen to work 16 hours per week in this unpaid internship.
The mission of Ryan House is to provide respite and palliative care to children with life-threatening conditions and, as needed, end-of-life care.
This opportunity is only available to Estrella Mountain Community College students. Applicants are REQUIRED to submit and online application, a resume, and a cover letter. Free resume/cover letter/mock interview assistance is available by appointment only at the EMCC Career & Transfer Center. To schedule your appointment please visit or call 623-935-8740 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Assist in the solicitation of in-kind goods/services and financial sponsorships for events and programs
- Assist with the implementation of third-party events including preparation of agreements, and representing Ryan House at the event
- Assist with the implementation of Ryan House special events including attending event planning meetings, assisting with event planning related tasks and with management of day of event operations, program and follow-up post event
- Communicate with donors via phone, email, and in-person regarding the mission of the organization, their gifts and acknowledgements
- Assist with the use of our donor database
- Coordinate the drop off, logging and acknowledgement of in-kind gifts
- Assist with tours of Ryan House
- Assist team with managing grant and donor relationships
- Perform research to identify new grant and donor opportunities and gather data on existing donors
- Assist with coordination of fundraising mailings including direct mail and on-line giving programs
- Perform daily office and administrative functions including but not limited to ordering office supplies, faxing, making and mailing packets, preparing documents for meetings and photo-copying
- Represent Ryan House at community tabling and events
- Must have strong computer skills, and have comfort working on a database. Must be detail oriented. Proficiency in Microsoft Word applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook).
- College curriculum in non-profit management, fundraising, business, or equivalent preferred
- Ability to work both independently and on a team
- Must be people oriented and comfortable speaking with various types of individuals and in front of groups.