Homeless Youth Connection (HYC) www.hycaz.org provides homeless youth, ages 13 to 19, with basic necessities and resources so they can stay in school and graduate. HYC is the only program serving homeless youth in the West Valley. Currently HYC is experiencing incredible growth in the number of students we serve, programs we offer, as well as community engagement. This year we will assist over 200 homeless youth who are attending one of the 34 high schools served by HYC. The company has asked that the intern work up to 20 hours per week for a minimum 6 months commitment.
We are looking for individuals who are looking for experience in communications, marketing, special events, program development and management, community engagement. This opportunity is only available to Estrella Mountain Community College students. Applicants are REQUIRED to submit and online application, a resume, and a cover letter. Free resume/cover letter/mock interview assistance is available by appointment only at the EMCC Career & Transfer Center. To schedule your appointment please visit or call 623-935-8740 or email email@example.com.
Interns would assist with the development, implementation and monitoring of the agency’s website and social media campaigns across a number of platforms and will write and gather content for electronic publications, social media and blogs, as well as connect to the various high schools through their websites and social media sites.
Individuals would assist with the development and maintenance of the Student Ambassador program. Student Ambassadors are students that help increase the awareness about homelessness and HYC at their high schools. Student Ambassadors assist with drives to secure donations for HYC and also participate in events such as Color Dash. Interns would be responsible for establishing and cultivating relationships with schools and students to ensure ongoing support for HYC programs and events.
Interns would also assist with the development and implementation of the agency’s special events. Responsibilities would include event logistics, procurement, marketing and day of implementation.
- Oral communication skills.
- Knowledge of leveraging social media technologies such as Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, blogs.
- Working knowledge of web analytics software.
- Ability to create, compose, and edit written and electronic materials.
- Proficiency in using personal computer and various office software packages including word processing, spreadsheet, presentation, calendaring, and email management.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Ability to manage multiple, simultaneous projects.
- Motivated by working effectively in a dynamic and fast-paced environment.
- Demonstration of continuous learning and initiative on professional development.
- High level of interpersonal skills to handle sensitive and confidential information and situations.
- Position continually requires demonstrated poise, tact and diplomacy.
- Ability to interact and communicate with individuals at all levels of the organization, as well as partners, donors and volunteers.
- Ability to work independently, as well as, a member of a team.