This internship position works with the professional staff of the Boys & Girls Clubs of Metropolitan Phoenix (BGCMP), and focuses on a specific assignment or project that advances the organization’s mission “to enable all young people, especially those who need us most, to reach their full potential as productive, caring, responsible citizens.” The goal is to support BGCMP professionals in meeting organizational goals and objectives through the completion of a specific, mutually agreed upon assignment or project, as stated in a Memo of Understanding (MOU). This is a UNPAID internship that would qualify for the WIRCCS Scholarship and may qualify for college credit. The company has asked that the intern work for approximately 20 hrs. per week and will be flexible with your EMCC schedule. Applicants must be continuing EMCC students and have a minimum of 2.5 G.P.A or a recommendation from your SWSC instructor. If you would like assistance in preparing the required materials; cover letter, application and resume or in preparing for an interview, please contact the Career Center at 623.935.8740.
Tasks and responsibilities include:
- Providing direct program services to BGCMP members under the direction of BGCMP staff
- Providing program activities under the direction of BGCMP staff
- Working with designated staff in assigned area
- Identify academic skills reinforced by the members’ participation in club activities.
- Specific tasks and responsibilities are determined by the mutually agreed assignment or project, as stated in the Memo of Understanding (MOU). The intern is expected to complete all tasks and meet all responsibilities as stated in the MOU.
- 18 years old or older
- Pass the BGCMP background check
- Successfully complete the volunteer placement process
- Demonstrated proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent customer service skills
- Knowledge of child development, recreation, learning theory, marketing, business development, or other formal learning as determined by assignment
- Meet additional skills requirements as determined by assignment
- Ability to take direction, work as a team member and independently when needed