What is Hope Women’s Center?
Hope Women’s Center is a faith-based non-profit that serves women and teen girls facing any difficult life situation. Whether faced with drug/alcohol addiction, domestic abuse, sexual abuse, unplanned pregnancy, unemployment, prostitution, homelessness or family conflict, trained mentors and teachers are available to provide assistance, encouragement and support. Our programs include free education, mentoring, material assistance, and community resource referrals. www.hopewomenscenter.org
Hope Women’s Center (HWC) has centers in Phoenix, Apache Junction, Coolidge, and El Mirage. HWC will offer internship opportunities to interested students in a variety of different areas. As an intern with Hope Women’s Center you will be helping and assisting teachers, mentors, and staff in different activities and constantly learning.
Internships are available in the following areas. Please specify the area(s) of interest in your cover letter.
- Life Skills Education Programs – Free educational classes for women and teen girls. Classes are on a variety of topics (ESL, parenting, nutrition, healthy relationships, crafting, healing from loss, job skill development, etc.).
- Children’s Program- program for children ages 0-5 while their mothers are attending center programs.
- Material Resources- women’s resource room at each center where women are able to use their earned education & mentoring points to obtain diapers, toiletries, cleaning supplies, food, basic household needs, clothing, etc.
- Resource Referral- assistance and support in connecting with other community resources.
This is a/an UNPAID internship however if you are Federal Work Study eligible we can PAY you for this experience. The organization has asked that the intern work for a minimum 3 months to 1 year, 8-10 hours per week.This opportunity is only available to Estrella Mountain Community College students. Applicants are REQUIRED to submit and online application, a resume, and a cover letter. Free resume/cover letter/mock interview assistance is available by appointment only at the EMCC Career & Transfer Center. To schedule your appointment please visit or call 623-935-8740 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
**Please specify the area you would like to intern in, in your cover letter!
- Helping and assisting teachers and staff with different activities & admin projects
- Helping with curriculum research & development for educational programs
- Assisting with pre/post class assessments and outcome tracking
- Researching up-to-date community resources
- Assisting clients with material resources & sorting donations
- Helping in children’s program
- Participating in special activities for women and children
The West Valley Center is currently open Wednesdays & Thursdays, 9am-2pm
- Current EMCC student
- Min. of a 2.5 GPA
- Willingness to learn
- Must follow the organization’s policies & procedures
- Understand organization’s mission, vision and statement of faith
- Available on Wednesdays & Thursdays, between 9am-2pm [these are the specific hours for the West Valley location. If you would like more flexible hours, you will need to request to intern at the Phoenix location].
- Background check and clearance
- Bilingual skills helpful
- IVP Finger Print Clearance: IF you want to work with the Children's Program