Estrella Mountain Community College (EMCC) is hiring a Admissions, Records, and Registration Support Staff team member to work under the learning college philosophy (http://www.estrellamountain.edu/learning-college) where learning happens anytime, anyway, any place. This position will provide customer service assistance in a professional environment to current and prospective students.
40% - Provides front-line/phone customer services to students in person and/or on phone with admissions, registration, and general advisement questions
30% - Responds to a high volume of incoming/outgoing telephone calls using a multi-line phone system
25% - Follows detailed processes, procedures, and policies
5% - Performs other assigned duties that are commensurate to the grade level of the position
- Experience providing front-line customer service in an office setting, in person and by phone or telecommuting
- Experience using Microsoft Office or similar software for the purpose of creating documents
- Experience using the Internet search engines for conducting basic online searches
- Experience interpreting and communicating policies and procedures
- High school diploma or GED
- Experience working in an regulatory environment
- Experience working in a higher education setting
- Experience working with online student systems
- Experience working in one or more areas of student services
- Demonstrated ability to multi-task
- Experience providing administrative support to a diverse population
Looking for afternoon/evening coverage. Ideal candidates are self-motivated, have excellent customer service and communication skills, and enjoys interacting with students, faculty, staff, and the community, should also possess ability to follow written and verbal directions and maintain a professional attitude.
May be required to work evenings and/or weekends. May require prolonged periods of viewing a computer monitor. May be required to work multiple sites or locations. Requires ability to commute off campus; users of off campus vehicles must meet district minimum standards regarding driving: http://www.maricopa.edu/legal/rmi/vehicle.htm#requirments
Position will be for 20-25 hrs per week. This position will be open until filled. Applications will be reviewed as received.