See the true world of a public educator by experiencing first hand working at public elementary school. Learn about what great instruction looks like, an average teacher's day, and the logistics involved with being part of a dynamic team that provides a world class education for children.The company has asked that the intern work for 10 hours per week. Hours are flexible, depending on the student’s schedule. Applicants must be continuing EMCC students and have a minimum of 2.5 G.P.A or a recommendation from your SWSC instructor. If you would like assistance in preparing the required materials; cover letter, application and resume or in preparing for an interview, please contact the Career Center at 623.935.8740.
If the student is Federal Work Study eligible this could be a paid opportunity $9-10 per hour. If you have financial aid and would like to find out if you are Federal Work Study qualified please email Landis Elliott your student ID (firstname.lastname@example.org).
- Observe and assist a teacher in the classroom setting
- Join in collaboration and planning meetings
- Participate in data analysis to design individualized instruction to meet the needs of students
- Work with a team to plan leadership opportunities for students
- Intern should be enrolled in or planning on earning a degree in education.
- Intern should have basic computer skills (Microsoft Office Suite programs), a general understanding of basic statistics and be able to be on their feet for long stretches of time.
- Completed at least one EDU class with Field Experience, please list this on your resume.
- Future goal to be a teacher, your future goals should be listed in your cover letter.
- Currently have an IVP fingerprint card, email a copy/picture to email@example.com or attached to your cover letter.