Working under a learning college philosophy and placing learning first anyway, anyplace, anytime, Estrella Mountain Community College is hiring a student worker to provide support and assistance to students with disabilities in Disability Resources and Services (DRS). The intern is expected to interact with current and prospective students, parents, and employees in a polite, helpful and professional manner. Ideal candidates are self-motivated, have an interest in assistive technology, excellent customer service and communication skills, and must enjoy interacting with students. In addition, candidates must feel comfortable working with confidential information.
Please attach to your cover letter your student ID, a summary of qualifications and a philosophy statement explaining how you in this role will support Estrella Mountain's Learning College initiative (www.estrellamountain.edu/learning-college) and student success.
The company has asked that the intern work for approximately 15-20 hrs. per week for 6 weeks and will be flexible with your EMCC schedule. This internship does qualify for the WIRCCS Scholarship. This opportunity is only available to Estrella Mountain Community College students. Applicants are REQUIRED to submit and online application, a resume, and a cover letter. Free resume/cover letter/mock interview assistance is available by appointment only at the EMCC Career & Transfer Center. To schedule your appointment please visit or call 623-935-8740 or email email@example.com.
- Make appointment reminder calls to students
- Make follow-up calls on missed appointments
- Provide support with assistive technology. Learn technology, train students and conduct follow-up sessions as needed.
- Keep inventory of supplies and equipment.
- Conduct research on new technology and applications to support students with disabilities
- Assist with file management
- Prepare alternative texts
- Scan/fax documents to other colleges
- Assist with Disability Awareness Week and other DRS events
- Applicants must have all Financial Aid paperwork complete and on file with the EMCC Financial Aid Office, be eligible for Federal Work Study and enrolled for Fall 2016
- Enrollment in the Education program, or an interest in teaching
- Experience with, or a desire to learn assistive technology
- Experience using Microsoft Office or similar software for the purpose of creating documents
- Experience using the Internet search engines for conducting basic online searches