Free Arts for Abused Children of Arizona’s internship program provides emerging leaders with the opportunity to help create a world of hope and healing for Arizona youth. Involved in both the arts community and the health and human service sector, interns will expand their knowledge and develop experience by collaborating with our program department. Through various department duties, committee teamwork, and special projects, interns will have fun and accomplish their learning objectives in a creative and energetic environment.
The company has asked that the intern work for 10 hours per week . Hours are flexible, depending on the student’s schedule. Applicants must be continuing EMCC students and have a minimum of 2.5 G.P.A or a recommendation from your SWSC instructor. If you would like assistance in preparing the required materials; cover letter, application and resume or in preparing for an interview, please contact the Career Center at 623.935.8740.
1. Attend and assist with monthly Volunteer Orientation meetings.
2. Promote volunteer opportunities by drafting and sending announcements, flyers, etc.
3. Coordinate and track Corporate Volunteer application forms for Free Arts Days.
4. Participate in community events to promote the organization, as needed.
5. Provide administrative support, as needed.
Candidates must be 19 years of age or older. Organizational skills, the ability to perform multiple tasks and work with diverse groups of people is important. Computer proficiency in Microsoft Word and Microsoft Excel is needed.