Estrella Mountain Community College is hiring an ESL Student Learning Facilitator to work under the Learning College Philosophy where learning happens anyway, anytime, anyplace. This position provides in-person tutoring for English as a Second Language courses in the Academic Success Center.
• 80% Provides in-person tutoring and conversation practice to current ESL students in the Reading, Languages, and Occupational Success area of the Academic Success Center; works with a diverse population of students, faculty and staff
• 10% Provides basic computer assistance for students completing assignments
• 10% Provides student status and recommendations to the supervisor; assist with workshops, class presentations and other student success activities; other duties as assigned
- Successful completion (grade of “A”) in ENG101 and ENG102 or equivalent
- Experience using computers for web searches and using MS Word and PowerPoint for writing and making presentations
- Experience using Learning Management Systems such as Canvas and/or technology for language learning
- Experience working with diverse cultures
- Effective verbal and written communication skills in English
- Fluency in English (reading, writing, speaking, and listening)
- Experience tutoring grammar
- Knowledge of instructional methods used in the classroom at EMCC
- Knowledge of effective study strategies
- Experience with varying levels of student content knowledge
- Experience providing quality service in a fast-paced environment
• Please include a Letter of Interest detailing a summary of qualifications and a philosophy statement explaining how you in this role will support Estrella Mountain's Learning College initiative and student success. For more information about the Learning College Principles, please visit our Learning College site.
• Must be dependable and available during peak times throughout the semester.
• Position open until filled.
• Incumbents to begin in August 2017.
The Maricopa County Community College District (MCCCD) is an EEO/AA institution and an equal opportunity employer of protected veterans, and individuals with disabilities. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, or national origin.