Estrella Mountain Community College is hiring a Reading Student Learning Facilitator to work under the Learning College Philosophy where learning happens anyway, anytime, anyplace. This position provides in-person tutoring for Reading courses in the Academic Success Center.
- 90% Provides in-person tutoring to students in the Center for Reading, Languages, and Occupational Success; works with a diverse population of students, faculty and staff.
- 10% Provides student status and recommendations to the supervisor; assist with workshops, class presentations and other student success activities; other duties as assigned
- Successful completion (grade of “A”) in CRE101 or equivalent
- Successful completion (grade of “A”) in ENG101 or ENG102 or equivalent
- Effective communication skills
- Patient and respectful of varying levels of student reading ability
- Successful completion (grade of "A") in RGD091 or equivalent
- Knowledge of instructional methods used in the classroom at EMCC
- Knowledge of effective study strategies
- Experience with varying levels of student content knowledge
- Experience providing quality service in a fast-paced environment
Tutors work by appointment in the Center for Reading, Languages, and Occupational Success.
- Please include a Letter of Interest detailing a summary of qualifications and a philosophy statement explaining how you in this role will support Estrella Mountain's Learning College initiative and student success. For more information about the Learning College Principles, please visit our Learning College site.
- Must be dependable and available during peak times throughout the semester.
- Position open until filled.
- Incumbents to begin in January, 2018.
The Maricopa County Community College District (MCCCD) is an EEO/AA institution and an equal opportunity employer of protected veterans, and individuals with disabilities. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, or national origin.