Estrella Mountain Community College (EMCC) is hiring Financial Aid Processor(s) to work under the learning college philosophy (www.estrellamountain.edu/learning-college) where learning happens anytime, anyway, any place. This position performs technically demanding financial aid and scholarship processing as well as student service duties, responds to complex problems and inquiries and may administer specific financial aid or scholarship programs.
60% Processes financial aid applications including verification, determination of need, disbursement of financial aid and scholarships, and awarding of funds as well as editing of previous awards. Reviews student files verifies application for accuracy and completeness; requests additional information in compliance with federal and state laws; processes various reports on a regular basis.
20% Assists in interpreting regulations for financial aid and scholarship programs and responds to inquiries requiring detailed knowledge of regulations and policies. 10% Counsels students and parents with financial aid and scholarship inquires, evaluates and takes action on various financial aid and scholarship student appeals; speaks with groups regarding financial aid availability and procedures.
10% Performs PeopleSoft testing, researching, troubleshooting, error identification, evaluation and coordination with District Information Technology Department to ensure Student Information System is properly processing financial aid and scholarships.
10% Administers financial aid or scholarship programs such as Federal Work Study, loan programs; providing requested information and preparing office practices and procedures; assists in training and direction of students and staff; performs other duties as assigned commensurate to grade level of position.
1. High school diploma or equivalent.
2. Experience performing complex, detailed processing in a Financial Aid Office that administers Title IV Aid and scholarships
3. Experience researching, interpreting, applying, and communicating federal regulations to students, customers, co-workers, other departments, and etc.
4. Experience providing student service in person, on-line, via phone and in group.
5. Experience utilizing and problem-solving with an integrated, automated financial aid system such as PeopleSoft.
1. College degree or coursework.
2. Experience performing and writing procedures for complex Financial Aid transactions requiring a high level of technical knowledge and expertise in an automated system.
3. Experience directing and training others on Financial Aid.
4. Experience with independent student information system issue identification, evaluation, and resolution in an integrated, automated financial aid system such as PeopleSoft.
Some positions are early shift and some late shift. Work hours must be during Financial aid open office hours.
positions are open until filled