Estrella Mountain Community College is hiring an Economics Learning Facilitator to work under the Learning College Philosophy where learning happens anyway, anytime, anyplace. This position provides in-person tutoring by appointment in economics in the Center for Reading, Languages, and Occupational Success.
- 90% Provides in-person tutoring to students in the Center for Reading, Languages, and Occupational Success; works with a diverse population of students, faculty and staff.
- 10% Provides student status and recommendations to the supervisor; assist with workshops, class presentations and other student success activities; other duties as assigned
- Successful completion (grade of “A”) in ECN 211 and ECN212
- Knowledge of course content and materials in the subject area of Economics
- Ability to explain the diverse set of topics covered in ECN 211/212 in a clear manner
- Good communication skills and the ability to help students understand complex material
- Patient and respectful of varying levels of student content knowledge
- Knowledge of instructional methods used at Estrella Mountain Community College
- Experience providing quality service in a fast-paced environment
Tutors work by appointment in the Center for Reading, Languages, and Occupational Success.
- Please include a Letter of Interest detailing a summary of qualifications and a philosophy statement explaining how you in this role will support Estrella Mountain's Learning College initiative and student success. For more information about the Learning College Principles, please visit our Learning College site.
- Must be dependable and available during peak times throughout the semester.
- Position open until filled.
- Incumbents to being August 2020.