Estrella Mountain Community College is hiring an Economics Learning Facilitator. This position supports students with tutoring services in economics courses in-person or virtually.
- 90% - Provides in-person/virtual tutoring for various levels of economics (211 and 212) courses to students
- 10% - Record keeping and data input for all tutoring appointments in Cranium Café, TracCloud and maintain scheduled tutoring appointments in Google Calendar if needed. Assist with in-class presentations, workshops and other student success activities as assigned
- Successful completion (grade of “A”) in ECN 211 and ECN212.
- Knowledge of course content and materials in the subject area of Economics.
- Ability to explain the diverse set of topics covered in ECN 211 and/or ECN 212 in a clear manner.
- Good communication skills and the ability to help students understand complex material.
- Patient and respectful of varying levels of student content knowledge.
- Computer knowledge of hardware and Microsoft applications.
- Experienced with web-plat forms (i.e., Google meets, WebEx, or Zoom etc.).
- Experienced with working in a customer service environment (i.e., answering and responding to appointment request via email or Cranium Café platform), experience with data input and record keeping).
1. Associates Degree in any related field or completion with an "A" grade in one or more economics courses (i.e., ECN – 211 and 212).
2. Experience handling confidential records.
3. Experience working in a diverse environment and customer service driven.
4. Experience multi-tasking in a busy high-level learning environment.
- This position may require long hours of sitting
- This position may require prolonged computer usage
- This position may require to lift 30- 50 pounds of force occasionally, push, pull, or otherwise move objects/machinery
- Please include a Letter of Interest detailing a summary of qualifications.
- Include unofficial transcripts.
- Must be dependable and available during peak times throughout the semester (mid-terms and finals)
- Flexibility to attend training and meetings
- Adjustable to hours needed or related