Estrella Mountain Community College is accepting applications for a Police Aide pool to work under a learning college philosophy (http://www.estreallmountain.edu/learning-college). This position is to establish a pool of qualified applicants for immediate hiring based on department needs and will maintain order and security at assigned site by foot and vehicle patrol, enforcement of District rules and regulations, and provides a variety of assistance to persons using the facilities.
70 % - Proactively patrols campus to deter criminal activity; observes and reports or remedies unsafe or problem situations; monitors and regulates student behavior on the college, in cafeterias, restrooms and other open locations, deters student loitering; acts as security agent at sports activities and other school-related functions at the college; responds to fire and burglar alarms and other emergencies, acts to prevent theft and property damage; patrols college grounds and reports conditions;
20% - Directs traffic and/or parking activities, assists motorists to resolve vehicle problems; issues citations and parking decals
10% - administers first aid as needed; maintains daily activity log; provides escort services to ensure safety and physical well-being of persons at college, performs other assigned duties that are commensurate to the grade level of the position
- Demonstrated experience and knowledge of basic state and local laws
- Knowledge of basic institutional security measures
- Knowledge of first aid and CPR techniques
- Demonstrated ability to establish cooperative working relationships with persons contacted in the course of performing assigned duties
- A valid Class D Arizona Driver's License
- Knowledge of District policies and procedures to be enforced
- Experience responding appropriately to sensitive and emergency situations
- Experience in private security or public safety capacity
Applications collected will be taken into consideration for openings through December 23, 2016. Applicants should reapply for new consideration after June 15, 2017.
The Maricopa County Community College District (MCCCD) is an EEO/AA institution and an equal opportunity employer of protected veterans, and individuals with disabilities. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, or national origin.