Read Better Be Better (RBBB) is a non-profit organization, founded in 2014 to help children in Arizona improve reading skills and become better learners. RBBB organizational values are simple. They define the organization, the programs and the expectations. Be Excellent. Be Kind.
Reporting directly to the Founder & CEO, the RBBB intern will join the organization at a critical growth stage. The successful candidate will have exposure to, and gain experience in, all facets of a fast-growing literacy non-profit with a proven track record of success.
The individual must be smart, but willing and able to learn on the job as the position develops. All necessary training will be provided. A strong organizational structure and leadership is in place to support the individual.
The intern will be able to work on-site with the Founder, or can choose to work remotely, meeting regularly with the Founder for support and guidance. Hours and responsibilities are flexible to suit the right candidate.
Applicants must be continuing EMCC students and have a minimum of 2.5 G.P.A or a recommendation from your SWSC instructor. If you would like assistance in preparing the required materials; cover letter, application and resume or in preparing for an interview, please contact the Career Center at 623.935.8740.
- Nonprofit management
- Assist Internal administration
- Support program administration of 6 operational site
- Conduct fundraising research to secure funds to support the organization's operations in th community
- Maintain and develop existing fundraising database
- Make initial contct with potential funders to ascertain suitability
- Create and execute small marketing campaigns, such as the Christmas card campaign and the company newsletter
- Social Media
- Create and manage additional social media sites for the organizaton, such as Pinterest and Google Plus
- Social Enterprise
- Develop a business plan for a fledgling social enterprise that will generate sustainable revenue for the organization
- Program Development
- Create additional RBBB curriculum
An RBBB Intern must be:
• Passionate about Read Better Be Better; the organization, the mission, the values
Must demonstrate exceptional:
The successful candidate will:
• Demonstrate absolute commitment to the Read Better Be Better vision and mission
• Conduct themselves in accordance with organizational values. Be Excellent. Be Kind
• Maintain a positive attitude
• Seek opportunities to develop and grow the Read Better Be Better vision and mission
within the community