*This particular opportunity is a partnership between APECA/Natalie's House and Estrella Mountain Community College and is only available to current EMCC students. If you are not a student at EMCC but would like assistance in searching for other internships and/or jobs. Please contact us at 623-935-8740 as we have other resources open to the public.
This opportunity involves assisting with community awareness and promotion of fundraising events.
This is a UNPAID internship that would qualify for the WIRCCS Scholarship and Federal Work Study. The company has asked that the intern work for approximately 8 hrs. per week and will be flexible with your EMCC schedule. Applicants must be continuing EMCC students and have a minimum of 2.5 G.P.A or a recommendation from your SWSC instructor. If you would like assistance in preparing the required materials; cover letter, application and resume or in preparing for an interview, please contact the Career Center at 623.935.8740.
- Assist with developing a marketing and fundraising plan.
- Assist with a fundraising event for Natalie's House.
- Assist with development of a DVD to help promote community awareness of issues children and adolescents face in Buckeye and in communities west of Buckeye.
- Be able to work a min of 8 hours per week
- Must be enrolled in marketing
- Must have an interest in helping to make a difference for children and adolescents.
- Must have excellent interpersonal and follow-up skills
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Internet
- Strong verbal and written communication skills required.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.