This position supports students with both on campus in the Computer Commons and online through (remote) tutooring services in the areas of Microsoft Office applications, BPC and CSC courses. This position also assist with resetting Maricopa MEID passwords, Find/Reactivate MEID's and customer service support of daily operations of the Computer Commons department.
40% - Provide one-on-one tutoring for Instructional Computing Courses (CIS, BPC, AND CSC) on campus or in a remote setting
30% - Assists sudents with software and hardware issues related to computers and laptops
15% - Assist with front desk support (answering phones, screening calls with transfering or online assistance) and statistical data record keeping
10% - Maintains the assigned Computer Commons Laboratory with (printers, scanners, copy machines and restocking of computer lab equipment and supplies).
5% - Performs related duties to support Instructional Testing Center to commensurate to the level of the position.
- High school diploma
- Completion with an “A” grade in Microsoft Office 2019 course (e.g. CIS105)
- Computer equipment with hardware and software knowledge
- Effective oral and written communication skills and understanding the characteristics of good customer service
- Access to high-speed internet and technological tools used to perform online tutoring and assist students in a virtual environment. This may include, but not limited to, a computer, webcam, microphone, and headset.
- Experience with administrative duties in an office and open-lab setting.
- Some knowledge of confidentuality record keeping in an educaltional testing services environment.
- Associates of Applied Science Degree or higher
- Experience handling confidential information (student records)
- Experience with front line customer service
- Experience multi-tasking in a busy high-level learning environment
- Completion with an “A” grade in one or more computer programing courses (e.g. Java, C++, C#, Visual Basic, SQL, Python)
- This position may require long hours of standing or sitting.
- This position may require prolonged computer usage.
- This position may require to lift 30 - 50 pounds of force occasionally, push, pull or otherwise move objects/machinery.
- This postion requires high level knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite. The candidate needs to be patient, supportive, care for student success and flexible to attend training meetings.
- Must be dependable and available during peak times throughout the semester.
- EMCC students eligible for work study through financial aid are encouraged to apply.
Please include with your cover letter a Letter of Interest detailing a summary of qualifications and a philosophy statement explaining how you in this role will support Estrella Mountain's Learning College initiative and student success. For more information about the Learning College Principles, please visit our Learning College site.