Friends of Arizona Highways (known today as Arizona Highways Photo Workshops) is a non-profit organization that promotes an appreciation for the cultural, historic and scenic wonders of Arizona through excellence in photographic education. Staffed by three full-time employees and a rotating corps of approximately 35 volunteers, we offer over 25 major photography workshops and more than 40 one, two and three day weekend workshops every year. Since our formal incorporation in 1985, we have given grants to various causes within Arizona Highways Magazine, contributed to non-profit charities such as the Arizona Burn Foundation Camp Courage and Hike for the Homeless and started a scholarship for Arizona public college students studying photography.
We are looking for an intern with strong writing, social media and design skills to join us in engaging our community of photography enthusiasts.
This internship offers a $300 for a spring and summer internship. The stipend will be paid in two payments. One payment will be made halfway through the semester and the other payment will be made at the completion of the internship.
This internship may be used for class credit.
Applicants must be continuing EMCC students and have a minimum of 2.5 G.P.A or a recommendation from your SWSC instructor. If you would like assistance in preparing the required materials; cover letter, application and resume or in preparing for an interview, please contact the Career Center at 623.935.8740.
- Assist the Executive Director in a variety of marketing projects and social media campaigns.
- Write, design, and review a variety of marketing collateral, including newsletters, blogs, and print and online advertisements.
- Assist with daily interactions with workshop participants.
- Video documentation of local workshop programs (weekends)
- Schedule permitting, attend and participate in monthly Volunteer and/or Committee meetings.
- 10 week commitment (summer session)
- 10-12 Hours per week
- Schedule is flexible M-F
- Be organized, yet flexible.
- Be able to think creatively and critically.
- Communicate effectively and visually.
- Be multi-task oriented.
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Preferred Requirements
- Strong creative writing skills for newsletters, social media and marketing materials.
- Basic knowledge in Adobe Lightroom, Photoshop and InDesign.