The Social and Digital Media Intern will play an active role in the development of WESTMARC’s online
community. The intern will maintain WESTMARC’s presence on various social media platforms and help create and publish content that is relevant to our member base. He/she will regularly analyze and
report on the activity on social media networks. He/she will also assist in maintaining WESTMARC’s archive of digital images, videos, and other content. The intern will learn how to reach communities, and promote events or programs through WESTMARC’s online presence and gain experience in growing social media following and the tools used to assess their performance.
The intern will also provide assistance with special events when needed, from following up on silent auction/raffle donations to day of coordination.
Candidates should maintain a positive attitude under pressure, exhibit a strong work ethic, and enjoy working with a range of personalities. Most importantly, the candidate should be flexible and willing to take on multiple tasks in an ever-changing environment. This internship will benefit someone who is interested in marketing, community relations, and member development.
The company has asked that the intern work for approximately 20 hrs. per week and will be flexible with your EMCC schedule. This internship offers a stipend which is TBD. Applicants must be continuing EMCC students and have a minimum of 2.5 G.P.A or a recommendation from your SWSC instructor. If you would like assistance in preparing the required materials; cover letter, application and resume or in preparing for an interview, please contact the Career Center at 623.935.8740.
Social Media and Online Communications:
• Updates Facebook and Twitter account through Hootesuite Dashboard.
• Responds to posts or comments to bring value to user’s interactions with WESTMARC.
• Posts updates, news and announcements in a timely manner using appropriate content.
• Performs research to find articles, stories, resources, or other content that is relevant to our member base and posts it to our Facebook and Twitter page in a manner that invites conversation and interaction.
• Updates Facebook and Twitter accounts with current and relevant photos, video, or other content from WESTMARC activities and events.
• Grows WESTMARC’s online social networks by increasing followers and interactions.
• Completes other social media projects as assigned.
• Assist in preparing and managing weekly headlines, member highlights and email campaigns as needed.
• Update mailing lists in Constant Contact and internal lists i.e. committee lists.
• Work with internal team to create brand standards guide.
• Update GMFTZ website.
• Create GMFTZ press releases.
• Takes pictures and videos of training events to be developed into content for the WESTMARC website, Facebook and Twitter pages.
• Uploads WESTMARC photos and videos to the appropriate server.
• Organizes and archives digital images and videos.
• Updates WESTMARC website event and meeting calendar.
• Organize share drive folders and rename files to appropriately describe contents.
• Completes other digital media projects as assigned.
• Regularly observes the online activity of model organizations researches and reports on “social media best practices”.
• Research new media outlets.
• Research potential articles for WESTMATC to be featured.
• Research city calendars and create calendar of events on the WESTMARC website for all members and individuals to reference.
• Completes other research projects as assigned.
Analytics and Reporting
• Uses Facebook Insights to assess trends and activity on the WESTMARC Facebook page.
• Uses Twitter Analytics to assess trends and activity on the WESTMARC Twitter page.
• Reviews data on the performance of social media platforms and adjusts plans or strategies to optimize reach.
Assist with WESTMARC Signature Events:
• Governor’s State of the State Address
• WESTMARC Annual Meeting
• WESTMARC Annual Economic Summit
• Annual Golf Tournament
• Best of the West Awards Dinner
• WESTMARC sponsored business, community and legislative events/meetings
• Creative self-starter who is comfortable with both taking initiative and working in collaboration.
• Detail oriented with strong written and verbal communication skills.
• Experience with Microsoft applications.
• Familiarity and facility with mainstream social media platforms, including but not limited to Facebook, Twitter and LinkedIn.
• Available to work up to 20 hours.