THIS IS FOR THE SPRING 2019 INTERNSHIP. IF YOU WANT TO APPLY FOR THE SUMMER 2019 INTERNSHIP, PLEASE WAIT UNTIL AFTER OCT 26TH TO APPLY. THAT DEADLINE IS FEB 15, 2019.
Whether you're seeking an internship with the federal government or in the corporate sector, the Hispanic Association of Colleges and Universities can provide you the opportunity to graduate with caree experience. For over 25 years, the HACU Internship Program has partnered with organizations seeking to diversitfy their workforce.
For information on HACU's Corporate Internship Program, please click here.
EMCC's Career and Transfer Center (CTC) can assist you with the cover letters, personal statements, and/or resumes if required for this application. Please call 623-935-8740 to schedule an appointment or stop by the CTC to schedule.
Unlike so many other internship programs, there are NO fees to apply for or participate in a HACU internship.
All HACU internship positions are PAID based on undergraduate grade level or graduate level.
HACU will arrange housing in the internship location (optional).
Travel to and from the orientation and/or work site can be arranged at no cost to HACU interns.
Provisions can be made for interns to receive academic credit.
Free professional development activities are regularly offered during the course of the program.
Students can gain career experience is a variety of companies such as the sponsors listed below!
2018 Federal Sponsors
- Broadcasting Board of Governors
- Court Services and Offender Supervision Agency
- Federal Deposit Insurance Corporation
- Federal Reserve Board
- Library of Congress
- National Credit Union Administration
- National Institutes of Health
- National Science Foundation
- Pension Benefit Guaranty Corporation
- U.S. Agency of International Development
- U.S. Department of Agriculture
- U.S. Department of Commerce
- U.S. Department of Health and Human Service
- U.S. Department of the Interior
- U.S. Department of the Treasury
- U.S. Department of Veteran Affairs
- Veterans Administration Central Office
2018 Coporate Partners
- American Student Assistance
- Federal Reserve Bank of Dallas
- Federal Reserve Bank of Minneapolis
- Ford Motor Company Fund
- Ford Credit
- General Electric
- General Motors
- Goldman Sachs
- Voya Investments
- American Century Investments
- Amundi Pioneer Investments
- Ability to pursue internship for the ENTIRE time-frame (semester length or summer)
- Completion of freshman year of college before the internship begins
- Minimum 3.0 GPA (on a 4.0 scale)
- Enrollment in a degree-seeking program; Students pursuing only a credential or certificate program will be considered ineligible.
- Be authorized or eligible to work by law in the U.S.