*This particular opportunity is a partnership between The City of Goodyear and Estrella Mountain Community College and is only available to current EMCC students. If you are not a student at EMCC but would like assistance in searching for other internships and/or jobs. Please contact us at 623-935-8740 as we have other resources open to the public.
Assist the city's graphic designer with projects including, but not limited to, display advertisements, utility bill inserts, flyers, brochures, posters, direct mail, signage, event programs, and billboards. Projects may be for print and/or digital distribution. City of Goodyear is looking for a dedicated and committed student to work with them for a semester in their graphic design/marketing area. City of Goodyear is requesting for the intern to be able to work approx 12 hours per week for one semester.
*This internship is eligible for the WIRRCS scholarship that provides an opportunity for the intern to be PAID. For more information about the WIRRCS scholarship please click: https://www.estrellamountain.edu/students/internships/west-valley-wirrcs...
Applicants must be continuing EMCC students and have a minimum of 2.5 G.P.A or a recommendation from your SWSC instructor. If you would like assistance in preparing the required materials; cover letter, application and resume or in preparing for an interview, please contact the Career Center at 623.935.8740.
- Review of existing print collateral and digital materials for compliance to graphics standards.
- Update and/or rework of existing print collateral and digital materials
- Assist with development of new projects
- Commit to work with the City of Goodyear for one semester.
- Work for 12 hours per week
- Maintain a 2.5 GPA
- Interest in the marketing or graphic design field.
- Demonstrated use of the Adobe product suite including, but not limited to: Illustrator, Photoshop, InDesign
- Demonstrated use of the Microsoft product suite including, but not limited to: Word, Excel, PowerPoint
- Knowledge in color space as applicable to: Commercial printing, digital printing, online use