APECA (Arizonans for the Protection of Exploited Children and Adults) has a short but great resume building opportunity for a new student in the IT Field!! This opportunity offers the student experience working in privacy sensitive environment, where security is of high importance. The stated opportunity will also allow the intern to claim they have supported a charity organization dedicated to supporting children, and also provide some skill in creating both a safe and educational IT environment to grade school level children. The intern will also have the opportunity to learn real world experience from mentoring by an experienced system engineer that has previously worked on site for the charity.
This is a UNPAID internship that would qualify for the WIRCCS Scholarship and Federal Work Study, which means potential of compensation. The company has asked that the intern work for approximately 6 hrs. per week and will be flexible with your EMCC schedule. This opportunity is only available to Estrella Mountain Community College students. Applicants are REQUIRED to submit and online application, a resume, and a cover letter. Free resume/cover letter/mock interview assistance is available by appointment only at the EMCC Career & Transfer Center. To schedule your appointment please visit or call 623-935-8740 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Installation and construction of hybrid Edubuntu operating systems
- Minor hardware modifications and cleaning of three older laptop systems
- Basic Linux system administration duties
- Basic home firewall/router setting changes (ACL, Forwarding/port-triggering, and static DHCP setting by MAC address
- Has taken the hardware course for comptia A+ certification
- Has taken their first redhat academy courses
- Recommendation from Redhat Academy Head or Redhat Academy Instructor
- Minimal knowledge of HIPPA compliance
- Must be able to pass a background check in order to be accepted into this internship
- No major physical requirements
- Level I Fingerprint Clearance. (Can be done upon "hire", this organization will reimburse the intern for the cost)