APECA (Arizonans for the Protection of Exploited Children and Adults) has a short but great resume building opportunity for a new student in the IT Field!! This opportunity offers the student experience working in privacy sensitive environment, where security is of high importance. The stated opportunity will also allow the intern to claim they have supported a charity organization dedicated to supporting children, and also provide some skill in creating both a safe and educational IT environment to grade school level children. The intern will also have the opportunity to learn real world experience from mentoring by an experienced system engineer that has previously worked on site for the charity.
This is a UNPAID internship that would qualify for the WIRCCS Scholarship and Federal Work Study, which means potential of compensation. The company has asked that the intern work for approximately 6 hrs. per week and will be flexible with your EMCC schedule. Applicants must be continuing EMCC students and have a minimum of 2.5 G.P.A or a recommendation from your SWSC instructor. If you would like assistance in preparing the required materials; cover letter, application and resume or in preparing for an interview, please contact the Career Center at 623.935.8740.
- Installation and construction of hybrid Edubuntu operating systems
- Minor hardware modifications and cleaning of three older laptop systems
- Basic Linux system administration duties
- Basic home firewall/router setting changes (ACL, Forwarding/port-triggering, and static DHCP setting by MAC address
- Has taken the hardware course for comptia A+ certification
- Has taken their first redhat academy courses
- Recommendation from Redhat Academy Head or Redhat Academy Instructor
- Minimal knowledge of HIPPA compliance
- No major physical requirements
- Level I Fingerprint Clearance. (Can be done upon "hire", this organization will reimburse the intern for the cost)