This position works with the professional staff of the Boys & Girls Clubs of Metro Phoenix (BGCMP) during after-school hours, and focuses on a specific assignment or project that advances the organization's mission "to enable all young people, especially those who need us most, to reach their full potential as productive, caring, responsible citizens.: The goal is to support BGCMP professionals in meeting organizational goals and objectives through the completion of a specific, mutually agreed upon assignment or project that generally includes direct service and program delivery to club members (ages 6 - 12). The internship takes place at a BGCMP west valley location in Peoria, Tolleson or Avondale during after school hours (M - F 3 pm - 8 pm).
*This internship has schedule flexibility as need by the student to meet the school's intern requirements. Hours can vary from a min of 10 to a max. of 40 per week. Afternoon hours Mon - Fri with no weekend hours.
High school students 16-18 may request a modified internship placement by contacting Donna Martin in Volunteer Services, firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Specific duties, activities and projects are determined by location, time of year, and the student's desired learning outcomes and professional development goals.
- Past projects included updating curriculum and delivering specific BGCMP programs to members, coordinating sports leagues, supporting arts instruction and programming, and other projects customized to meet the students needs and goals.
- Min of 20 hours per week
- Need to be 18 years or older.
- Must pass a BGcMP required background check, including fingerprinting - no cost to the volunteer for this process.
- Demonstrated proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Knowledge of child development, recreation, learning theory, marketing, business development or other formal learning as determined by assignment.