Estrella Mountain Community College is hiring multiple Desk Assistants to work under the Learning College Philosophy where learning happens anyway, anytime, anyplace. These positions provide reliable clerical assistance and outstanding customer service in the Academic Success Center.
65% Greets and logs students in and out for Center usage; provides front-line customer service; provides clerical assistance; performs data entry
20% Answers/routes incoming calls and schedules tutoring appointments
15% Connects students with tutors; stocks center with materials; performs duties commensurate to grade level of position
- Possess customer service orientation
- Possess effective verbal and written communication skills
- Familiar with basic computer knowledge, including MS Office
- Applicants must be eligible for Federal Work Study
- Experience multi-tasking in a busy office setting
- Experience working in a team oriented environment
- Experience handling confidential information
- Please include a Letter of Interest detailing a summary of qualifications and a philosophy statement explaining how you in this role will support Estrella Mountain's Learning College initiative and student success. For more information about the Learning College Principles, please visit our Learning College site.
- Must be dependable and available during peak times throughout the semester.
- Position open until filled.
- Incumbents to start Spring 2018 semester.
The Maricopa County Community College District (MCCCD) is an EEO/AA institution and an equal opportunity employer of protected veterans, and individuals with disabilities. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, or national origin.